We just finished a long project in Moanalua Gardens, Honolulu. We put over $100,000 into rehabbing this large 2-story, 5-bed 3-bath home at 1720 Ala Amoamo Street behind Fort Shafter. A long journey but well worth it as we turned out a BEAUTY of a house! Kudos to general contractor Sam Kim and KO Builders for all the hard work they did.
This stunner just hit the local real estate market on Thursday 8/29/13 at $888,000 and the buzz so far has been electric. If you know the Honolulu real estate market, then you know Moanalua is a great area with highly-regarded public schools. Some lucky buyer is going to have a wonderful place to call home for years and generations to come, especially with the many possibilities of using this large two-story home with separate entrances. Let me walk you through some of the repairs and renovations we had to make:
- New paint, both inside and out
- Completely brand new kitchen — tile, granite counters, cherry cabinets, appliances, undermount sink and fixtures
- New kitchenette downstairs
- Three fully remodeled bathrooms from head to toe
- Expansion of one bathroom to full tub width
- All bedrooms renovated with sliding mirrored closet doors
- New flooring everywhere — carpet and tile upstairs, wood laminate and tile downstairs
- New lighting and ceiling fans
- New laundry area
- New fencing
- New window screens and window repairs
- Much more!
If you want to see the before and after photos, then check out this presentation below:
How Did We Buy and Renovate This House?
Quite the overhaul, right?? This is our specialty:
- Buying houses in Hawaii from homeowners who wish to sell quickly and easily
- Renovating theses houses to modern standards
- Reselling our properties to happy home buyers
- Making our investors happy at the end of every project (this project was financed 100% by private mortgage lenders – ask us for more information!)
If you’re looking to buy a house in Honolulu and know what a fantastic neighborhood Moanalua is, then you should go visit the house NOW. Either contact us or, if you’re working with a real estate broker or agent, have them get access. The property is listed with broker Jeffrey Samuels.
For specific details on the house, visit this page here.