We recently purchased a side-by-side home in Honolulu’s Kaimuki neighborhood at 1133B 2nd Avenue (via Oahu Home Buyers, Inc.). We just began renovation last week. By mid to late April, we’ll have a beauty on the market ready for sale to the public. 🙂
This is an interesting house for a few reasons:
1. This property has two sides, one upper and one lower, each with its own entrance. Kaimuki has many multi-generational families living under one roof, so this should be very attractive. Families can live in separate units but still be connected in the same property. Privacy, but with the close family connection.
2. Location is amazing. Chaminade University is right up the street, Kapiolani Community College is at one end of the neighborhood while the University of Hawaii’s Manoa campus is at the other, just a 2-minute bike ride. Supermarkets, drug stores and Kaimuki’s specialty shops are an easy walk along Waialae Avenue, while the Market City shopping center is right down the street.
3. Building off of the above location benefit, this property would be PERFECT for those who want a home but would also appreciate monthly rent checks. Live in the larger top unit but rent out the lower unit to some graduate students and add over $2000/month to your pocket.
4. Upper deck, anyone? Everyone in Hawaii appreciates a good deck, and this house has one. BBQ during the day Hawaiian style or stargaze at night — this upper level deck has a great view that’s yours alone.
5. We bought this house via creative financing, using an Agreement of Sale to rescue the owner from foreclosure while putting more money in his pocket from the deal. We ALWAYS look for the WIN-WIN method of purchasing houses, and this was it!
Stay tuned for photos along the way. We’ll have some nice before, during and after photos of this project.
Projected Sale Date: April 10!